Saturday, September 1, 2012

blue moon busy beaver

I have been a busy beaver over the past week. I'm trying to figure out whether I have time to do my half marathon training and not flunk out of grad school. I faceplanted into concrete at the very beginning of my Thursday run, and the last mile of said run was in pouring rain (go ahead and laugh...I am! now, at least). I got two parking tickets for the same thing (backing into a space - I had no idea you couldn't do it the first time...the second time I just wasn't thinking, obviously) but I think (I hope!!) I've learned my lesson. I made kale chips and lemon bars and confetti vegetable pasta sauce. I lost a water bottle at orchestra rehearsal. I discovered there were anchovies in my carrot juice - going to be reading juice labels very carefully from now on. I had an early morning debate about the public education system in Nashville. I saw The Bourne Legacy (not sure I'd recommend it...wait until it's out on Netflix or something). I had breakfast at The Pancake Pantry with my cousin and wife, who just moved to Nashville from New Haven. 

The confetti vegetable sauce - zucchini, yellow squash, red pepper, and mascarpone cheese. This recipe is from NestMeg (go check out her blog, it's awesome and will most likely make your stomach growl). It was easy to make and pretty sure it's officially my favorite pasta sauce ever.
The sky was really pretty on Thursday night, so that brightened my mood some after my bad run. That and I got a veggie burrito bowl from Chipotle, omnomnom.

   

Ooooof. I am thankful for a long weekend. Last night I sat outside with my pup and enjoyed the blue moon and just didn't think for a while. This morning I went to power flow and I'm feeling much more centered, energized, and ready to enjoy the weekend.
The "blue moon" from yesterday night - there won't be another for three years!
I'm off to the Franklin Jazz Festival to soak up some awesome live music. 

All smiles, 
b

No comments:

Post a Comment