Sunday, August 19, 2012

meeting a hero

We all have heros. (If you don't, you should!) One of mine is Tristan Prettyman. For her music, and for her person. I've followed her tumblr for a few years now and she's such an inspiration. She has such a graceful personality and I have so much respect for her. I happened to be on twitter yesterday afternoon and I discovered she was playing at 3rd and Lindsley last night - I had no idea! Before last night I'd never had a chance to see her live - she was FABULOUS. I was kind of terrified because she's such a role model to me (and to so many others!) and sometimes people who sound great on their albums can't hold a tune live. But her voice was lovely and the show was great. 

I really really REALLY wanted to meet her, so naturally I snuck to the backstage area and introduced myself. She was a sweetheart and we chatted for a little bit. I don't get starstruck or even excited too easily, but meeting Tristan was definitely an exception to this.
Tristan and me :-)
I told her I was an aspiring singer-songwriter and she said she wanted to hear my stuff - I sent her a link to some scratch demos this morning. Who knows if she'll actually listen...I hope she does! At any rate, her autograph is definitely getting framed and going up on my bedroom's wall-of-inspiration. Woo!

What a great way to wrap up the weekend and ring in a new week! Oh and if y'all don't know Tristan's music, GO CHECK HER OUT. Pronto! She's releasing a new album at the end of September. Her single "My Oh My" is available for download on iTunes and you can see the official video here

All smiles, 
b  

No comments:

Post a Comment